The Frank L. Weyenberg Library Battle of the Books is open to students who will be in 5th-8th for the 2019-2020 school year.
Teams will consist of 2-4 players.
* Teams can sign up from May 6-June 22. Team registration is available in-person at the Reference Desk or by phone.
* You do not have to be a resident of Mequon-Thiensville to participate in the event.
* Each team must have an adult Team Manager. The Team Manager will be responsible for making sure the books are read, scheduling practice sessions if needed, and will be the contact person between the team and the library. A team must have a Team Manager at time of registration.
Each team will be responsible for reading all the books on the Book list. It is not necessary for each team member to read all the books.
Copies of all the books are available at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library or by request through the Monarch Library System.
* The battle will be held on Wednesday, July 24 at 6:00 PM at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library's Tolzman Community Room.
* The battle is expected to last between 60-90 minutes.
* Teams will have the first 15 minutes to arrive, sign in, and prepare for the battle.
* Teams must decide on a Team Captain.The Team Captain will be responsible for entering the final answers.
* All questions will be answered using Kahoot, which is a "game-based classroom response system." Teams have the option of providing their own device in the form of a smartphone or tablet with wi-fi connectivity or using a laptop issued by the library. A personal account is not required to use the Kahoot! platform.
* The will be two rounds of 45 questions and a final round of 25 questions with a 10 minute break between each round. All teams will have the opportunity to answer each question. Scoring will be based on the total number of questions answered correctly, not the quickest team to answer.