Take & Make: Teen Crafts
- Brown bag crafts to-go! Kits include most items needed to create a simple, fun craft! New kits in 2021 will be available on the first Mondays of the month in the teen area.
- You or a parent can snap a picture of your creations and email them to us at email@example.com.
- June 7 & August 2 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Teen Crafts on the Lawn
- Join us for an afternoon of crafting! This program is open to grades 6-12. Register for a time slot at 1:30PM or 3PM.
- June 21 - Paint It Your Way
- Note: All craft supplies will be provided.
- REGISTER HERE!
- July 19 - Tie-Dye
- Note: We provide all you need for tie-dye, you provide the material (t-shirt, pillowcase, scrunchie, tote-bag, etc.)
- REGISTER HERE!
Tails and Tales: A Literary Scavenger Hunt
- Can you complete this virtual scavenger hunt? Use the provided packet to complete a series of tasks. Are you up to the challenge?
- Link available HERE on June 25.
- Packet available for pick-up June 25.
Clue: Mystery in the Library
- Who knocked over all the shelves and wreaked havoc in the library? How did they do it? And where are they hiding? The Tolzman Community Room has been transformed into a brand-new giant variation of the classic mystery game. Grab a small group (3-6 players), take on a persona and play the game to solve the mystery!
- Sign-up for a timeslot online. Registration is required for a time slot. Walk-ins welcome if spots remain open.
- July 26-29 from 10 AM-4 PM
- REGISTER HERE!
Teen Video Challenge
The Teen Video Challenge, sponsored by the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP), is an annual national video contest open to all teens (librarian and teacher support is encouraged). The challenge is for teens to create a public service announcement-type video that shows their unique interpretation of the 2021 CSLP slogan “Tails and Tales.” Videos are to be no longer than 60 seconds and should promote libraries and reading. https://www.cslpreads.org/programs/teen-program/2021-teen-video-challenge/
Videos will be accepted June 1 through August 6, 2021.
- The contest is open to teens 13-18 (though it's fine for people older or younger to appear in the videos).
- The process is simple; teens just need to upload their video to the social media outlet of their choice, submit a link to their video, and complete a simple online form.
- Videos will be limited to 60 seconds, making this a doable project for individuals or small teams.
- Teens/teen teams may submit more than one video.
- The program will accept submissions June 1-Aug 6, 2021, so that it can be incorporated into your summer program (it’s still a great opportunity to partner with schools with video production classes or clubs; students can produce the videos as a class project and submit them in June!)
- Permission and model release forms will only be required from the winning entries (completing the forms is a requirement to receive prizes and acknowledgement).
- There will be 5 national winners, who will each receive a cash prize of $200. The TVC Ad-Hoc Committee will convene a judging panel from CSLP partners and members in August.
- Official TVC Submission Form
- 2021 TVC Contest Rules
- Logo files to help promote the contest:
- 2020's 5 winning videos: https://www.cslpreads.org/2020-teen-video-challenge-winners-and-honorable-mentions/
Do you love escape rooms? We're all looking for a bit of an escape right now! Enjoy these digital escape room adventures created to challenge you! Take a seat and get started by clicking on the links!
- Wacky Holidays - now available!
- 80's Cruise - now available!
- Library Labyrinth - now available!
- Previous Escape Rooms
Stuck? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- These digital programs can be completed from the comfort of our own home! Enjoy searching through worlds, solving puzzles, answering trivia and more. Follow the links to complete programs currently available:
- Imagine Your Story
- Pumpkin Patch Adventure @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>