Battle of the Books: FLW Edition
BATTLE OF THE BOOKS 2021:
- The Frank L. Weyenberg Library Battle of the Books is open to students who will be in 5th-8th for the school year in the upcoming fall. Teams can consist of 2-4 players.
- You do not have to be a resident of Mequon-Thiensville to participate in the event.
- Registration is available by e-mailing Chelsea at email@example.com, in-person at the reference desk, or online during the registration period.
- Each team must have an adult Team Manager. The Team Manager is responsible for making sure the books are read, scheduling practice sessions if needed, and will be the contact person between the team and the library. A team must have a Team Manager at time of registration.
- Each team will be responsible for reading all the books on the Book list. It is not necessary for each team member to read all the books.
- Copies of all the books are available at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library or by request through the Monarch Library System.
- You can find the current year booklist at the top of the page when it is available and all previous year’s booklist at the bottom of this page.
- Due to circumstances regarding COVID-19, the Battle of the Books will take place virtually, and teams should plan accordingly.
- The Virtual Battle of the Books will be administered using the Kahoot! Platform.
- Each team will receive a unique Battle link to participate on Wednesday, August 11 at 12:00PM. Teams have until Friday, August 13 to complete their Battle submission.
- The adult team captain is responsible for coordinating how, when, and where their team completes their Battle submission. Teams may choose to complete their Battle over video chat (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) using screen sharing, in person as a team. It is up to the individual teams discretion. Options and instructions will be included in an e-mail following registration.
- Teams need to provide their own device in the form of a smartphone, tablet, or personal computer with internet or data connectivity. A personal account is not required to use the Kahoot! platform. Detailed instructions for using Kahoot! for the Battle will be sent in advance and a “test” Battle will be sent the week of August 2-6.
- The Battle will consist of 60 questions and teams will have 60 seconds to answer each question. Scoring for each question is based on answering correctly and efficiently. The most important factor to your score is answering correctly. Teams will see their score as they progress through the Battle.
- Final scores and standings will be released as soon as possible following all registered teams completion of the Battle.
- Additional Questions? E-mail Chelsea: firstname.lastname@example.org