Battle of the Books: FLW Edition
BATTLE OF THE BOOKS 2021:
- Find registration details and booklists here beginning in April. Registration will begin Monday, May 3!
- The Frank L. Weyenberg Library Battle of the Books is open to students who will be in 5th-8th for the school year in the upcoming fall. Teams can consist of 2-4 players.
- You do not have to be a resident of Mequon-Thiensville to participate in the event.
- Registration is available by e-mailing Chelsea at firstname.lastname@example.org, in-person at the reference desk, or online during the registration period.
- Each team must have an adult Team Manager. The Team Manager is responsible for making sure the books are read, scheduling practice sessions if needed, and will be the contact person between the team and the library. A team must have a Team Manager at time of registration.
- Each team will be responsible for reading all the books on the Book list. It is not necessary for each team member to read all the books.
- Copies of all the books are available at the Frank L. Weyenberg Library or by request through the Monarch Library System.
- You can find the current years booklist at the top of the page when it is available and all previous year’s booklist at the bottom of this page.
- The battle typically lasts between 60-90 minutes.
- Teams must decide on a Team Captain. The Team Captain will be responsible for entering the final answers.
- The Battle of the Books is administered using Kahoot! which is a “game-based classroom response system.” Teams have the option of providing their own device in the form of a smartphone or tablet with wi-fi connectivity or using a laptop issued by the library. A personal account is not required to use the Kahoot! platform.
- There will be two rounds of 45 questions and a final round of 25 questions with a 10 minutes break between each round. All teams will have the opportunity to answer each question. Scoring is based on the total number of questions answered correctly, not the quickest team to answer.
- Additional Questions? E-mail Chelsea: email@example.com