STEAM at Home
- Tangram is a geometric puzzle where a square is cut into seven pieces that can be arranged to create different figures. This game is created for the whole family to play together! Included are instructions for printing or making your own set of tangrams! Tangrams encourage pattern recognition and puzzle solving. To play, click the following link and on the top right corner select "Present." You can then follow instructions on each slide to play!
- MysteryScience offers short videos, interactive activities, and hands-on experiments and crafts to help children in grades K-5 learn science concepts. Choose from several lessons in each age category, or sign up to gain access to 200+ mini-lessons for each age group.
Family Math Apps with BedtimeMath.org
- Bedtime Math's mission is simple: to make math a fun part of kids’ everyday lives, as beloved as the bedtime story. One way we do that is with our free apps for preschoolers and elementary school kids.
- Become a citizen scientist! On Budburst, you can help horticulturalists at the Chicago Botanic Garden research a number of plant and insect topics. Simply click "Get Started" to learn about the active projects and start logging your observations.
- Like Budburst, eBird is an online citizen scientist effort organized by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. eBird focuses on logging and tracking the behavior of wild birds. Click "Get Started" to choose a project and get involved.
- Zooniverse takes citizen science to the next level, hosting dozens of projects across multiple fields, including art and history. Click "See All Projects" to dive in.
NASA Media Library
- No matter if you enjoy taking or just viewing images of space, NASA has a treat for you. They have made their entire collection of images, sounds, and video available and publicly searchable online. It’s 140,000 photos and other resources available for you to see, or even download and use any way you like.